Business and Finance
Food and Drink
Literature and Philosophy
Medicine and Health
✴️ I'm an editor with a background in business consulting.
✴️ If you give me your words … I'll treat them with respect and help you make them better.
✴️ I'm Scottish, live in Devon, UK, and work with clients worldwide.
For many of my clients, English is not their first language.
I got into publishing in a roundabout way – picking up other skills along the way …
Having completed a BA in Business Management with French and German and then an MSc in Operational Research (applied maths) in Glasgow in the 1980s, I worked in the steel industry in Scotland as a process engineer and did research into artificial intelligence (AI) for an engineering consultancy. I then spent a few years working in Zürich and a short time in Paris and London, where I taught English.
In the early 1990s, I joined a management consulting firm and, for the next 14 years, worked throughout Europe delivering business improvement projects in the automotive, chemical, FMCG, food, energy and manufacturing sectors.
In 2008, I began to do editorial work for various businesses, so I decided to retrain as an editor and proofreader. In 2011, I started my own editorial company – Pensato Studios.
Visit my website: www.pensatostudios.com
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to hearing from you – thank you!
- BA in Business Management with French and German
- MSc in Operational Research [applied maths: advanced analytical techniques to tackle complex problems and help make better decisions]
- RSA/UCLES Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (ICL, Paris)
- Certificate in Proofreading – awarded with distinction (PTC)
- Certificate in Editing and Proofreading Music (CIEP)
- Professional Member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP)