BRIDGING ACROSS LANGUAGES AND CULTURES IN EVERYDAY LIVES: NEW ROLES FOR CHANGING SCENARIOS
The aims of this conference are
• to promote critical engagement with the notion of mediating between cultures and languages;
• to explore the role of technology in bridging between diverse languages and cultures;
• to explore the role of ‘broker’ in cross-cultural situations, including growing instances of ‘child language brokers’;
• to promote understanding of how language brokering is perceived by researchers and practitioners from cross-cultural situations;
• to provide a forum for a critique of existing analytical models of culture and language mediating practices that integrate current theories of language and intercultural communication;
• to provide a forum on ways in which research into language and culture mediation can inform teachers’ praxis.
For more information, please visit the IALIC website.