I have 15 years’ experience as a translator working in italy. I specialise in financial translations in the areas of financial reporting, corporate governance, investor relations, and corporate social responsibility for the banking and asset management sectors. Previously, i worked for 12 years in the offshore finance sector in the UK, and spent 8 years in academic study and research in the fields environmental science and economics in the UK.
TYPES OF DOCUMENTS TRANSLATED
Financial reports, corporate governance reports, investment prospectuses, CSR reporting, due diligence reviews, statutory corporate documents, internal policies and procedures, investment policies, shareholder and director meeting minutes, national regulations/legislation, and investor relations press releases.
2016 to date: Freelance translator based in Italy, working in the fields of financial reporting, investor relations, and corporate governance.
2012–2015: In-house translator, editor and project manager in the Turin office of the LSP Star Italia SpA. Duties included managing translations in the areas of financial reporting, investor relations, corporate governance, compliance, and internal policies and procedures, for Italian multinationals in the banking, telecoms, media and construction sectors.
2004-2012: Full-time freelance translator and editor based in Italy, working directly for legal firms, patent/trademark attorneys and Fiat Group Marketing & Corporate Communications (financial reports for Fiat S.p.A. and Fiat Industrial S.p.A.), and indirectly through translation agencies for Italian multinationals.
Over 12 years’ experience in offshore company, trust and investment fund administration in Jersey, Channel Islands, UK, including:
- Preparation, review and maintenance of company, trust, and investment fund documentation such as resolutions, minutes, agreements, deeds, memorandums and articles of association, prospectuses, and offering documents
- Handling of share issues on the London Stock Exchange for investment funds
- Processing of corporate actions in different markets around the world
- Valuations and price calculations for complex investment funds with international shares, bonds, futures, options and warrants
- Bookkeeping and accounts preparation for publicly-listed companies.
Over 4 years’ experience as a research assistant in environmental and conservation economics at the University of Kent (Canterbury, UK) and the Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust (Jersey, UK), including:
- Cost/benefit analysis of black rhino conservation, with article published in the Royal Geographical Society’s magazine ‘Geographical’
- Analysis of the economics of wild meat consumption in central Africa leading to publication of the article “Bushmeat and food security in the Congo Basin” in the journal ‘Environmental Conservation’.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
1998 - Masters in Conservation Biology (Merit), University of Kent, Canterbury, UK
1993 - BSc in Environmental Science with French, University of Wolverhampton, UK
1995 - Investment Advice Certificate, from the Securities Institute, UK
1993 - Diploma in Administration of Investment Funds, from the Jersey Offshore Fund Managers, UK
1985 - Diploma in Administration of Trusts and Companies, from the Institute of Bankers, UK