Skills and services
I offer a combination of line and copy-editing which focuses on your writing at word and sentence level. If your work has already been edited, then proofreading is the final polish before publication. If you’re looking for developmental help, I also offer a manuscript critique service which provides detailed and honest feedback on your novel as a whole.
Whether you’ve written a novel or novella, short story, journal, feature or website, I can offer you a flexible solution based on your individual requirements, priorities and budget.
And if English is your second language, no problem, I have a lot of experience helping non-native English speakers achieve fluency in their writing.
I’m happy working in most genres and subject areas, especially for proofreading and light copy-editing. For more involved editing, I specialize in the following:
• thrillers: psychological, noir, espionage, adventure, political and other sub-genres
• mystery and suspense
• contemporary/modern/upmarket fiction
• anything that’s gripping, dark, twisty and obsessive
• travel writing
• food and drink
Qualifications and training:
• BA (Hons) degree in Publishing and English Literature (2:1) | Oxford Brookes University, UK
• Diploma in Proofreading and Editing (distinction) | College of Media and Publishing, UK
• Editing with Word | Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP), UK
• Copyediting Fiction | Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA), US
I’m an intermediate member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP). I speak French and have taught English as a Foreign Language.
Languages: French to English