Editing & Spanish to English (UK) Translation & Revision Services
I translate, revise and edit academic papers and articles for publication and conferences for university clients on a wide variety of subjects (mainly humanities, social sciences and education). Besides general texts, I also offer tourism and leisure translations and revisions. All my work is based on the New Oxford Style Manual unless I am asked to use a different style guide. I am a qualified member (MITI) of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting.
-Leisure, Travel & Tourism
-Hotels & Accommodation
Words are my business and I want to make them work for you
I run a blog on translation and related subjects called: My Words for a Change
As my aim is for this blog to be useful to my colleagues, it contains a number of pages with links to help with the translation process, to find resources (especially targeted at new members of our profession) and relevant courses. There are several reviews of translation MAs, books and other programmes, often written by guest bloggers.
- Editing humanities and social science texts: theory and practice
- Seeing bright light at the end of the tunnel: successful, efficient proofreading
- CAT tools: a look at the current landscape
- Advanced training in memoQ
- Corpus-guided decision-making for editors and translators
- Readability: 10 strategies for improving flow in translated or non-English speakers’ texts
Please see my website
for details of all the recent CPD I have undertaken. I try to attend conferences and workshops whenever possible and also listen to webinars and take courses that I think will improve the quality of my work.