BA in Modern Languages, French and Spanish (University of Bradford, 2002) - MA in Legal Translation, French to English (City University, London, 2011).
I gained my early professional experience in in-house agency positions over seven years before moving to a translator position with a major French law firm once I completed my MA. After four years there building up my legal knowledge, I went freelance in 2016.
I work primarily with lawyers, translating legal opinions and contractual documentation, as well as both internal and external communications (press releases, newsletters, etc.). My particular fields of expertise are real estate, tax and company law.
In addition to being an active member of MET, I am also a member of the SFT (French translators' association).
- “Mission-led companies: international overview of hybrid legal forms serving the common good” - study published by Prophil in 2017
- “Post-growth for business: rethinking accounting, governance and business models” - study published by Prophil in 2022
- Financial planning for the self-employed – Effective conversations and presentations
- Lifehacks for language professionals: ergonomics and managing stress
- Incorporating gender-inclusive language into our work
- Readability: 10 strategies for improving flow in translated or non-English speakers’ texts
- How human is your workflow? Critical AI use for language professionals
- Signposting the way: using punctuation to improve flow
- Transius Conference 2018
- BP Translation Conference (2021, online)
- ITI Conference (2021, online)
- On traduit en ligne (2021)
- Rencontres de la traduction et de l'interprétation (2023)
- Make Sure Your English Is... English!
- Training for Translators courses/workshops:
- Plain English for legal translators
- Editing and revising
- March Marketing Madness