German > English
Spanish > English
Literature and Philosophy
Medicine and Health
B.A. (First Class Honours) in Applied Languages: Translation with Interpreting, Dublin City University, 1992
- (Including one year at Universität des Saarlandes, Germany, on a full scholarship from DAAD, the German Academic Exchange Service).
ITIA Certified Legal Translator for German-English and Spanish-English, i.e. authorised to provide certified translations of all kinds of official documentation to the authorities in Ireland.
Full member of AIIC - International Association of Conference Interpreters. English A, Spanish B.
A freelance translator with decades of experience under my belt, I work from German, Spanish and Catalan into English, with extensive experience in science and medicine, the arts and humanities. My expertise is recognized by my peers, and I am regularly called on to design and impart courses and seminars to both future and practising translators. I also assess translator skills at the highest level in some European countries.
- Principles of Medicine for Medical Translators and Interpreters
- Molecular Biology for Translators, Interpreters, Editors and Reviewers
- Introduction to Bioprocessing and Biologic Medicines
- Translating Clinical Trial Protocols
- Legal Translation and Interpreting
- Introduction to Financial Translation