Spanish > English
Medicine and Health
Translator and proofreader (translation, revision, editing and proofreading) from Spanish and Catalan to English. Clients include: the Polytechnic University of Valencia, the University of Granada, the Polytechnic University of Cartagena, the University of Valencia, the Cardenal Herrera University (CEU), the University of Córdoba (Spain), the Jaume I University (Castellón), the University of Alicante, the University of Huelva, the University of Seville, the University of Granada, Complutense University of Madrid, the University of Almería, the Catholic University of Valencia, Rovira i Virgili University (Tarragona) and ESADE, as well as various multinational companies and NGOs. Former president of the Valencia region Association of Translators and Interpreters, La Xarxa, and currently voting board member of IAPTI. Author of two books. Conference organiser and speaker.
- Training researchers to write academic articles: another string to your bow
- Quantitative research data with units in text: to correct or to query?
- Polymerase chain reaction: getting to grips with molecular techniques in biomedical writing
- Optimal Internet search techniques: implementing them through IntelliWebSearch
- Abstracts and introductions: genre analysis for editors and translators of research articles
- Translating contracts
- Beat the agencies at their own game: develop a watertight translation workflow process
- Organiser of the Proz Valencia Congress 2011. (http://bit.ly/ACXp7h)
- Organiser of the IAPTI Conference 2018. (https://www.iapti.org/SPconference/)
- Speaker at:
IAPTI (Athens, 2014, Bordeaux 2015, Argentina 2017, Valencia 2018).
University of Alicante (Jornadas 2012, Transition to the Profession of Translator; Cult 2015);
Proz Congresses (Valencia 2011, Barcelona 2012, Porto 2013, Barcelona 2014, Rotterdam 2015);
SELM II (Sociedad Española de Lenguas Modernas), Seville 2012;
Lenguando (Valencia 2014, London 2014, Vigo 2015, Valencia 2015);
BP18 (Vienna 2018).
- Resident for over 24 years in Spain, mostly in Catalan/Spanish-speaking territories; 1 year in France.
- Contributor to the American Translator Association’s monthly magazine, The Chronicle (3 articles published).
- Many translation-related workshops attended.