Why join MET
MET is a welcoming association of language professionals who work with English. We host peer-led training events and provide valuable networking opportunities. At our annual conference, workshops and online events, our members share promising practices and subject expertise while forging long-lasting and meaningful professional relationships.
Read on to see what MET could offer you.
- METM, our annual conference (priority access with preferential fees)
- MET workshops (priority access with preferential fees)
- MET Conversations (online informal CPD for members)
- The Hive, our online hub for tools, resources and reviews
- Directory of members (your profile can be public or member-only)
- Long-term job opportunities
- Welcome chats for new members
- MET Book Club
- Discounts at events run by our sister associations
- Discounted European Association of Science Editors (EASE) membership fee
- Special interest groups and projects
- Research grants
- AIT software: TO3000, Projetex and AnyCount
- IntelliWebSearch, a search tool developed by Michael Farrell
- Interpreters’ Help, a tool suite for interpreters
- PerfectIt proofreading software by Intelligent Editing
- Sketch Engine, monolingual and bilingual term extractor and corpus tool
- Trados Studio Freelance licences, new and upgrades
- Transit NXT, a computer-assisted translation tool by STAR Servicios Lingüísticos
Institutional members: your nominees enjoy all the benefits above. Find out more about institutional membership.