Business and Finance
More than 20 years of translation experience working from Dutch to English (mother tongue) in a variety of fields, including management, human resources, horticulture, mobility and logistics.
Before I started translating and editing, I was a management consultant for a large international consulting organsiation and I specialised in IT and logistics.
IT matters have always held my interest and I'm currenlty a beta tester for DejaVu.
In 2018 I took the ITI assessment and am now MITI, a fully quailified member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting.
- Corpus building and mining with Sketch Engine
- Translating contracts
- Readability: 10 strategies for improving flow in translated or non-English speakers’ texts
- Beyond terms: best practices in concept-oriented terminology management
- Post-editing machine translation output
- Corpus guidance: a tool for understanding professional language usage, change, and variety
- memoQ: the secrets of a flexible CAT tool revealed
I attend conferences for translators in various countries (including MET & BP) and I also attend training event and workshops nearer home in the Netherlands. I was on the organising committee of two SENSE conferences and was chair of SENSE, the Society of English-language professionals in the Netherlands from 2015 to 2018. I'm currently the SENSE webmaster.