Types of MET membership
Individual membershipMembership runs from 1 January to 31 December. New and returning members who sign up between 1 October and 31 December will automatically have their membership extended until 31 December of the following year.
The standard annual fee is €38. A special rate of €19 is offered for people aged 65 or over and students ("student” means a person in full-time education. You must provide evidence of enrolment and inform MET when your situation changes).
- Listing in and access to an online member database. Your profile will be viewable to members only or to members and potential clients – it will be your choice.
- Special registration rates for METMs (MET’s annual conference) and MET workshops
- Access to the Hive, MET's online hub where members share tools and resources
- Access to postings about courses, webinars and job opportunities
- Access to MET special interest groups and projects
- Reduced-rate registration at certain conferences of our sister associations (negotiated yearly)
- AIT software: TO3000, Projetex and AnyCount
- European Association of Science Editors (EASE) membership fee
- IntelliWebSearch, a search tool developed by Michael Farrell
- Interpreters’ Help, a tool suite for interpreters
- PerfectIt proofreading software, by Intelligent Editing
- SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance licences, new and upgrades
- Sketch Engine, an online interface for very large corpora
- Transit NXT, a computer-assisted translation tool by STAR Servicios Lingüísticos
How to joinIf you are joining for the first time or after an interval of more than one year, please use the online membership form. If you are a current member or were a member last year and wish to renew your membership, use the "Renew membership" link you will see at the top right when you are logged in. For details of payment methods, please read the How to pay section.
Institutional membershipMembership is calculated from 1 January to 31 December. New institutional members who sign up between 1 October and 31 December will automatically have their membership extended until 31 December of the following year.
The annual fee is €100.
- Full MET membership for up to five people
- Members’ registration rates for an unlimited number of participants at all MET events (all participants must be registered by the institution/company)
- Presentation of the institution on MET’s website