Types of MET membership
Note: MET does not accept new members during the members-only conference registration period or at year end (30 Dec - 1 Jan).
MET offers two types of membership: for individuals (aged 21 and over) and for institutions.
Individual membershipMembership runs from 1 January to 31 December. New and returning members who sign up between 1 October and 31 December will automatically have their membership extended until 31 December of the following year.
The standard annual fee is €38. A special rate of €19 is offered for people aged 65 or over and students (“student” means a person in full-time education. You must provide evidence of enrolment and inform MET when your situation changes).
- Listing in and access to an online member database. Your profile will be viewable to members only or to members and potential clients – it will be your choice.
- Special registration rates for METMs (MET’s annual conference) and MET workshops
- The Hive, MET’s online hub where members share tools and resources
- MET Book Club
- MET Conversations
- Long-term job opportunities
- Research grants
- Special interest groups and projects
- Reduced-rate registration at certain conferences of our sister associations (negotiated yearly)
- Discounts on:
- AIT software: TO3000, Projetex and AnyCount
- European Association of Science Editors (EASE) membership fee
- IntelliWebSearch, a search tool developed by Michael Farrell
- Interpreters’ Help, a tool suite for interpreters
- PerfectIt proofreading software, by Intelligent Editing
- Trados Studio Freelance licences, new and upgrades
- Sketch Engine, an online interface for very large corpora
- Transit NXT, a computer-assisted translation tool by STAR Servicios Lingüísticos
How to joinIf you are joining for the first time or after an interval of more than one year, please use the online membership form. If you are a current member or were a member last year and wish to renew your membership, use the “Renew membership” link you will see at the top right when you are logged in. Payment is by credit or debit card through the Stripe secure payment platform.
Note: MET does not accept new members during the members-only conference registration period or at year end (30 Dec - 1 Jan)
Institutional membershipMET welcomes academic institutions, research groups, journals and companies working in scientific and academic research as institutional members.
Membership is calculated from 1 January to 31 December. New institutional members who sign up between 1 October and 31 December will automatically have their membership extended until 31 December of the following year.
The annual fee is €100.
- Full MET membership for up to five people
- Members’ registration rates for an unlimited number of participants at all MET events (all participants must be registered by the institution/company)
- Presentation of the institution on MET’s website