Italian > English
Spanish > English
Food and Drink
With 12+ years' experience in the translation industry and an MA in Translation & Interpreting Studies, I approach my translation work with a mixture of passion and precision; I am committed to getting every word right, and to creating translations that read like original documents. My speciality areas include tourism and travel, wine and EU affairs.
- Corpus guidance: a tool for understanding professional language usage, change, and variety
- The comma, false friends and transcreation (MET medley, Milan 2018)
- Wine words – translating in the wine world
- Tips and tools from the Hive, cutting out source-language interference, is full post-editing a pipe dream? (MET medley, Nantes 2019)
- Human nutrition and climate change: a knowledge update for language professionals
- Editing humanities and social science texts: theory and practice
- Translating art from Spanish
- Grammar pathway minisession: subject–verb agreement
- Singular ‘they’: honourable usage or a sign of grammatical incompetence?
- Tagging along: dangling participles, adverbial disjuncts and other hangers-on
- Two aspects of information ordering that affect flow within sentences and beyond
- Signposting the way: using punctuation to improve flow
- Translating contracts
- Relatives: the clause type — and why people still argue about 'which'
- The comma: to pause or to parse?
- Beat the agencies at their own game: develop a watertight translation workflow process
- Translating for the art world
- Translation revision and beyond
- Dealing with parentheses: commas, brackets and dashes
2020: ITI Spanish Network spring workshop; wine2wine Business Forum; IT>EN literary translation workshop webinar series with Tim Parks
2019: Fitur; Enofusión; ProWein; Vinitaly; London Wine Fair
2018: ProWein; Vinitaly; Aptrad Conference; London Wine Fair
2017: Buenos Aires Book Fair; BP17 conference; ITI Conference; London Wine Fair