Medicine and Health
Available for freelance work (academic/research papers and reports, particularly in biomedical sciences, physical/natural sciences and geosciences). Retired in 2018 after 24 years as an in-house editor/webmaster for international medical research groups at University Medical Centres of Utrecht and Groningen, Netherlands.
- Story factor: leveraging advanced storytelling techniques to engage and inspire
- Singular ‘they’: honourable usage or a sign of grammatical incompetence?
- Tagging along: dangling participles, adverbial disjuncts and other hangers-on
- On voice: activating the passivists, passifying the activists
- Grammar pathway minisession: subject–verb agreement
- EMA templates
- Harnessing the power of the Correspondence-Consistency-Correctness (CCC) Model: a systematic new approach to error detection in manuscripts that promotes professional text improvement
- Excel for Wordies
- Practical stats, part 2
- Righting citing: principles and strategies for editors and translators