French > Spanish
Medicine and Health
Initially educated as a biologist specialising in environment, agronomy and marine biology, I have dual professional experience both as a researcher and as a translator/editor.
This dual professional career has trained me to combine research tasks (scientific and terminological) with management (of teams, projects and resources). Furthermore, rigour and accuracy have been instilled in me. In addition, I am used to dealing with texts within my specialisations written in English, Spanish or French.
In 2013, I started teaching Spanish as a foreign language.
Un tandem anglo-espagnol au secours des scienfitiques. Kim EDDY and Mar FERNÁNDEZ-NÚÑEZ. Revue Traduire n.º233, décembre 2015 https://journals.openedition.org/traduire/736
La ciencia al pie de la letra: el artículo académico. La linterna del traductor n.º 16, abril de 2018 http://www.lalinternadeltraductor.org/n16/traduccion-articulos-academicos.html
- Ready, Steady, Edit: an introduction to editing medical texts
- An introduction to editing non-native English for application to different types of text
- Wine words – translating in the wine world
- Tips and tools from the Hive, cutting out source-language interference, is full post-editing a pipe dream? (MET medley, Nantes 2019)
- Practical stats, part 1
- Practical stats, part 2
- Masterclass on AntConc: advanced desktop concordancing and more
- On voice: activating the passivists, passifying the activists
- Grammar pathway: subjunctives in English
- Running pre-conference workshops on writing effective scientific articles: course design, presentation and marketing issues
- Beyond terms: best practices in concept-oriented terminology management
- Excel for Wordies
- Corpus guidance: a tool for understanding professional language usage, change, and variety
- memoQ: the secrets of a flexible CAT tool revealed
Periodismo y comunicación científica. Programa de Posgrado y Desarrollo profesional con estructura modular de la UNED, Curso 2019/2020. 8 ene-30 sept 2020 https://formacionpermanente.uned.es/tp_actividad/idactividad/10929