Spanish > English
Areas of expertise
Medicine and Health
Qualifications and experience
Biomedical journals. Clinical research material.
Continuing professional development
METM13, METM14, METM15, METM16, METM17, METM18, METM19, METM Revisited, METM21 Online, METM22, METM23
- Editing humanities and social science texts: theory and practice
- Seeing bright light at the end of the tunnel: successful, efficient proofreading
- CAT tools: a look at the current landscape
- Advanced training in Trados Studio
- Corpus creation and analysis using AntConc 4
- Financial planning for the self-employed – Effective conversations and presentations
- Lifehacks for language professionals: ergonomics and managing stress
- Quantitative research data with units in text: to correct or to query?
- Polymerase chain reaction: getting to grips with molecular techniques in biomedical writing
- Incorporating gender-inclusive language into our work
- Readability: 10 strategies for improving flow in translated or non-English speakers’ texts
- Grammar pathway minisession: subject–verb agreement
- Singular ‘they’: honourable usage or a sign of grammatical incompetence?
- Two aspects of information ordering that affect flow within sentences and beyond
- Approaches to effective paragraphing: the topic sentence revisited
- Relatives: the clause type — and why people still argue about 'which'
- The comma: to pause or to parse?
- Editing theses and dissertations
- Post-editing machine translation output
- Handling plagiarism
- The lost art of parsing: how understanding the parts of speech can be a valuable tool for language professionals
- Getting to grips with post-editing machine translation
- Perfecting it with PerfectIt: keeping your writing in check
- Excel for Wordies: accounting and workflow
- Signposting the way: using punctuation to improve flow