French > English
Portuguese > English
Spanish > English
Medicine and Health
UK English-native, Barcelona-based translator with nine years' experience.
I provide translation and revision services from Spanish, French, Catalan and Portuguese into English. I mainly focus on medical/pharmaceutical translations and have extensive experience translating clinical trial documentation and medical journal articles.
Extensive editing and proofreading experience gained through four years working as an in-house linguist.
Please feel free to contact me for any further information.
- On voice: activating the passivists, passifying the activists
- Singular ‘they’: honourable usage or a sign of grammatical incompetence?
- Grammar pathway: subjunctives in English
- The lost art of parsing: how understanding the parts of speech can be a valuable tool for language professionals
- Two aspects of information ordering that affect flow within sentences and beyond
- Editing theses and dissertations
- Harnessing the power of the Correspondence-Consistency-Correctness (CCC) Model: a systematic new approach to error detection in manuscripts that promotes professional text improvement
- False friends, Client mapping and Specializing in new field
- Corpus guidance: a tool for understanding professional language usage, change, and variety
- The comma, false friends and transcreation (MET medley, Milan 2018)
- Translation revision and beyond
- SDL Trados Studio: beyond the basics
- Perfecting it with PerfectIt: keeping your writing in check
- Tips and tools from the Hive, cutting out source-language interference, is full post-editing a pipe dream? (MET medley, Nantes 2019)
- Corpus building and mining with Sketch Engine
- Advanced Word skills for editors and translators
- Solving terminology problems more quickly with IntelliWebSearch (Almost) Unlimited
- Readability: 10 strategies for improving flow in translated or non-English speakers’ texts
- Getting started in medical translation
- Excel for Wordies
- Blood tests made easy: everything you always wanted to know but never dared ask
- Knowledge update: keyboard shortcuts — expanding your repertoire
- Beyond terms: best practices in concept-oriented terminology management
- Translating contracts
- Righting citing: principles and strategies for editors and translators
- The discussion section in academic research articles: patterns, practices and insights for editors and translators
TranslateCluj 2020 Conference (Cluj, Romania)
IAPTI2018 – International Association of Professional Translators and Interpreters 2018 Conference (Valencia, Spain)
Society of English-language professionals in the Netherlands (SENSE) 2018 Conference (Den Bosch, The Netherlands)
Portuguese Association of Translators and Interpreters (APTRAD) 2nd International Conference (Porto, Portugal)
BP18 Translation Conference (Vienna, Austria)
JTCM17 – Tremédica/ASETRAD Medical and Scientific Translation Conference (Málaga, Spain)