I'm a former Registered General Nurse with more than 20 years' experience in medical and pharmaceutical translations.
In my day to day work, I translate clinical trial protocols, informed consent forms and other trial-related regulatory documentation, case reports and research articles for publication in medical journals, SmPCs, PLs and labelling, and clinical practice guidelines.
I work in many fields of medicine, but am particularly experienced in cardiology.
Using corpora to query cardiology terminology. Signs & Symptoms of Translation April 2017
How to translate a PDF in SDL Trados Studio. SDL.com January 2017
A translator's conversion to a mechanical keyboard. KeyboardCo.com April 2016
The new slate in 'translate'. ITI bulletin ISSN-0954-1799 Jan-Feb 2016
An introduction to translation memory. SDL.com October 2015
The apprentice. ITI bulletin ISSN-0954-1799 Jul-Aug 2015
Cosnautas: Good news for Spanish to English translators? Panace@. Vol XV. 39, 2014
In search of equivalence. ITI bulletin ISSN-0954-1799 Nov-Dec 2014
Five terms in informed consent forms. Cosnautas blog October 2013
A Spanish-English statistics glossary for clinical trials. Signs & Symptoms of Translation October 2012
A translator's guide to the EMA templates. Signs & Symptoms of Translation May 2012
- Anatomy, part 2: understanding the skin
- Translating contracts
- Beat the agencies at their own game
- Three minisessions:
- Using wildcards in Microsoft Word search-and-replace routines: in search of speed and consistency
- Corpus-guided decision-making for editors and translators
- Anatomy, part 3: the nervous system, an overview for English language specialists
- Masterclass on AntConc: advanced desktop concordancing and more
- Relatives: the clause type — and why people still argue about 'which'
- The comma: to pause or to parse?
- Approaches to effective paragraphing: the topic sentence revisited
- Excel for Wordies
- The lost art of parsing: how understanding the parts of speech can be a valuable tool for language professionals